This class is a vital tool of communication. The primary goal in this class is to develop speaking, writing, reading, and comprehension.
- Read, comprehend, interpret, evaluate, and use written material
- Listen critically and analytically
- Write Standard English in a well-organized and coherent manner for a variety of purposes
- Use spoken language effectively in formal/informal situations to communicate ideas and information and to ask/answer questions
- Understand the various forms of significant literature representative of different cultures, eras, and ideas.
- Understand how and why language functions and evolves.