Dear Parents and Volunteers,
Jumu’ah Mubarak! I hope and pray this email reaches you in the best state of Iman and health. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the parents and volunteers that attended the meeting last night. As Furqaan Academy commits to establish an unique and exemplary full time Islamic School offering the best education in Qur’anic Memorization (Hifz), and Understanding (Arabic Language) integrated with the State Standard subjects, we need each and every one of your help to launch the project with a successful Inaugural Fundraiser scheduled at 6:30 pm on Saturday, July 31st at the Double Tree hotel located at Campbell & 75. Dr. Abidullah Ghazi, Ph. D Harvard university and founder of IQRA INTL. will be the keynote speaker.
As the Inaugural Fundraiser draws near, we cordially request all of our staff, parents, and volunteers to donate their valuable time and effort to help us prepare for the fundraiser in the following ways:
1. Please invite and bring 10 families with you to the fundraiser. Identify your close relatives and friends that you can easily get to come to the event and make a donation. You may sell the tickets to these families or sponsor two tables yourself ($25 per ticket and $250 per table) and fill them in with your guests. Ticket booklets are available for pickup from Sr. Farina (972-836-6322, email@example.com) at the school. Please RSVP your and your guests’ confirmed attendance to Sr. Farina so that she can keep track of the headcount and update the guest list regularly.
2. Please approach one business owner, doctor, lawyer, or a family to become a sponsor. The sponsorship level varies from $250 to $5,000. The sponsor’s business or personal advertisement will be printed on our program booklet and distributed to the families of our more than 100 students in addition to all the other guests attending the event from different part of the Metroplex. Please see the details of the sponsorships at http://www.furqaanacademy.org/collincounty/facc_sponsorship.pdf.
3. Please approach or help us connect with your local Masjid Imam, and Board Members. Please take permission from your local Masjid leadership to distribute our fundraising postcards and sell tickets after Jumu’ah and other most attended prayers or special events. We need volunteers at McKinney, Allen, Frisco, East Plano, IANT Collins Musalla, Carrolton, Irving and Lewisville.
4. Please sign up to serve on one of the committees for the fundraiser. We need volunteers on the Registration, Technology Setup (Audio/Video), Pledge Table, Pledge Collection, Setup, Transportation and Babysitting committees. Please contact Sr. Michelle Janah at Michelle.Janah@pisd.edu for volunteering opportunities.
5. One of the most important tasks to ensure the success of the fundraiser is to visit potential donors to get commitments for bigger donation amounts ($5-25K) prior to the event. Every parent and volunteer can commit to visiting at least one such donor. Br. Anwar and I will be available to go with you on these special visits. It would be preferred if you can let me know of any such appointment 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, Br. Anwar and I will Insha’Allah be available at the Plano Masjid this Sunday after Dhuhr & after Maghrib on all of the weekdays next week.
6. Please forward our Fundraiser Invitation to your email lists, and social networking groups.
Please feel free to contact me for all questions and concerns. We look forward to seeing all the parents and volunteers at the next meeting on Tuesday, July 27th at the school!
May Allah reward you and bless your familes for your time and support. “Allah gives manifold increase to whom He pleases; And Allah cares for all and He knows all things.” Qur’an (2:261).
Secondary School & Special Programs Manager
Furqaan Academy – Collin County
Direct: (214) 725-6606
Main: (972) 836-6322
Fax: (972) 649-6285