Furqaan Academy Bolingbrook is a full-time PreK-12th Hifdh & Islamic School. Furqaan Academy’s vision is to raise God-conscious Muslim citizens well-grounded in the Qur’anic knowledge and standard academics. Furqaan Academy is the manifestation of the vision of the founder Wajahat Sayeed of Al-Furqaan Foundation to develop students who are grounded in the Qur’an – a Quranic generation. As an organization devoted to the service of the Quran in the west, the Foundation wants to ensure that the upcoming generations will come closer to the Qur’an by understanding its language and by proper training of implementing Qur’an and Sunnah in their daily lives. The choice of being a Muslim should be a natural choice, due to their understanding of the deen and not merely as a virtue of being born in the faith.
Furqaan Academy wants to ensure that the students being raised within the culture of the United States possess the knowledge of classical Islamic scholarship to provide leadership to the future generations of our beloved Prophet’s (P.B.U.H) ummah. Being in the United States, Furqaan Academy wants to see the ummah put aside their cultural and linguistic differences that have plagued our cultures, to unite in the future under the foundations of the Qur’an and Sunnah and the Arabic language. As more and more of our cultures are losing their own languages, it is the hope of the academy that our future generations emphasize on the classical Arabic language. Without this goal the ummah is likely to stray further and further away from the Qur’an and Sunnah.
Furqaan Academy Collin County is the second school started under the Furqaan Academy franchise. Following the success of the 1st school in Bolingbrook, Br. Wajahat Sayeed (Founder and President of Al-Furqaan Foundation) launched the Collin County branch at the Allen campus in the fall of 2010.
With its unique curriculum of integrating Quran Memorization, Arabic, and Islamic Studies with a PISD curriculum, Furqaan Academy brought the best of Deen and Dunya to the Muslim Community of Plano, Allen, Frisco and Mckinney – Northern suburbs of Dallas, TX.
Having successfully established FACC, and recognizing the need for a more local governance structure, the board of Al-Furqaan Foundation started negotiations with a local academy, GoodTree Academy, to merge the operations of the two schools in June 2013. On June 29th an MOU was signed and on July 3rd, FACC and GoodTreee Academy jointly released their intent to merge the schools. The new merged entity will continue under the GoodTree name and operate from the Furqaan Academy campus in Allen. This year the 2013-2014 year will be the transition year.
TOP TEN REASONS FOR YOUR CHILD TO ATTEND THE FURQAAN ACADEMY INTEGRATED HIFDH PROGRAM
- Our program integrates Hifdh of Quran (2hrs/day) with Arabic language, Islamic studies and state based educational program (Pre-K - 7th grade).
- Our program integrates an Alim/scholar preparatory program along with a standard state curriculum (8th -12th grade).
- Our programs focus beyond Quran memorization, it focuses on understanding the Quran and implementing it in our student’s daily lives, so Arabic and Islamic studies are taught daily from Pre-k to 12th grade.
- Our program is balanced in its emphasis on “DEEN” and “DUNYA” education.
- Our program incorporates tarbiya to teach our students proper Islamic adaab (manners) and akhlaq (etiquettes).
- We believe our students will not only master traditional Islamic sciences but will excel in any field of study including medicine, science or technology, Insha'Allah.
- We believe in providing a safe and socially Islamic environment for your child.
- We believe in nurturing a sense of community and belonging in our students not only in the Muslim community but as contributing members of the broader American community through dawah, civic engagement and advocacy.
- We believe in a “No Muslim child left behind” policy and strive to make this opportunity affordable for all Muslims.
- We believe our students will be leaders and scholars and model Muslims to lead this ummah and our society at large, Insha'Allah.
TOP TEN REASONS FOR YOUR CHILD TO ATTEND THE FURQAAN ACADEMY FULL-TIME HIFDH PROGRAM
- A Highly Qualified and Encouraging Staff: Teachers focus on memorization of Quran with an emphasis on makharij (pronunciation) and tajweed (rules of recitation) and at a pace custom to each student.
- Intensive Final Exam: Upon completion of the Quran the student as a final exam is required to recite the Quran in its entirety in one day ensuring impeccable memorization and retention.
- Transitional Track: Upon completion of the Hifdh program students are placed in a program where they will be readmitted in their current academic school year within Furqaan Academy.
- Developing Tomorrow's Leaders: Students are trained to lead Salah, deliver Friday Khutbahs, lead Taraweeh, deliver motivational speeches, teach Quran to others, and deliver Halaqah's - all of which we hope will inspire a generation of ideal Muslims and Muslimahs, Insha'Allah
- Deeper Understanding of the Quran: Students will take courses in Quranic Arabic to develop their understanding of the Quran.
- A 5-person Quran Department: Provides a proper structure with a head of department, two male teachers, and two female teachers ensuring that each student has proper attention.
- A Gender Separate Atmosphere: There are separate classrooms for female and male Hifdh students.
- Structured Classrooms and School Environment: Our administrative team works throughout the year ensuring schedules, classroom procedures, and academic curriculum are all structured to guarantee a smooth and successful academic year.
- Registered School: Furqaan Academy is a registered school with the Illinois State Board of Education.
- A Holistic Educational Institution: Students will not only memorize the Quran in its entirety with great retention but will also have opportunities for developing: character, a confident Islamic identity, ability to translate the Quran, daw'ah skills, and much more, Insha'Allah.